What's the hype about?
Who Gives A Crap is on a mission to get sanitary toilet facilities to the 40% of our population who don't have access to them. 40%!!! That's a lot! They are doing this by selling us recycled & plastic free toilet roll, kitchen roll & tissues, delivering them directly to our front door and spending half the profits on their mission.
Let's talk costs
Their standard range is £36 for 48 rolls. This is on the expensive end for toilet roll. At supermarkets, if you bulk buy your rolls, they can come in well under £20. Although if you are a bit lastminute.com and buy in small packs as you need them from the shop around the corner then prices are closer per roll.
What's to love?
- The brand and the mission - it's quite uplifting to know that every time I wipe my bum I am doing some good in the world. The packaging is pretty cool too!
- The ease of having it delivered to your door as needed - never again will I run out of toilet roll or have to juggle bulk bought rolls on the way back from the supermarket.
- It never runs out!!! Seriously... either I've got hygiene issues or they do some Mary Poppins shit with their rolls. Over 1 month we only used 2 rolls between the 2 of us. (I don't have hygiene issues, just to clear that up)!
If we were being picky...
- It is more expensive, no doubt about it - you are paying extra for a philanthropic mission and convenience. If you can't justify that then take comfort in knowing Andrex is also taking steps to use recycled and recyclable materials too and they are a fair bit cheaper.
- There is a downside to the ever lasting rolls mentioned above. There is no way we will get through 48 rolls in the 16 weeks they suggest so if I didn't delay the subscription I would be drowning in even more loo roll than I am already (see visual aids below).
All in all, I am a convert on the mission, the brand and the convenience! Just need to figure out where to store all of these...